Photo by cottonbro studio on Pexels.com
If you’re like most people, you probably find cleaning tedious and boring. But what if I told you that the right podcast could help you get your house clean in under an hour?
Keep reading to explore some of the best podcasts to listen to while cleaning and how they can help make your housework more manageable.
Why Listen to a Podcast While Cleaning?
First, let’s talk about why you might want to consider listening to a podcast while you clean. For starters, it can help you stay focused on the job at hand.
Have you ever been surprised at how much you got done around the house during a lengthy phone call with a friend? In much the same way, you are likely to stay on track with a podcast entertaining you.
Listening to a podcast can make the tasks feel less monotonous, as you’ll have something to keep your mind occupied.
My Top Favorite Cleaning Podcasts
A show about cleaning is even more likely to keep you motivated, and that’s where cleaning podcasts come in.
Here are my absolute favorite cleaning podcasts:
- Clean With Me: I know, I know, I’m one of the show hosts. That said, I enjoy listening to my daughter Jessica’s episodes while I clean. Clean With Me is different than other cleaning shows in that it literally talks you through the process of cleaning your house. And some days, I need that to stay focused.
- A Slob Comes Clean: This motivational podcast is hosted by author and speaker Dana White, and it was one of the inspirations for my show. A Slob Comes Clean is about reality-based cleaning and organizing tips based on Dana’s own “deslobification” process.
- These two Fly Lady episodes: Weekly Home Blessing and Crisis Cleaning 101 are archived “Fly Lady Tools” episodes from 2008. These old cleaning talk-throughs helped me realize the need for a current podcast with a similar premise. Fly lady’s system is based on “baby steps,” like shining your sink every night and decluttering “hot spots.” Good stuff!
- Ask a Housecleaner: If you’re looking for professional cleaning tips and tricks, Ask a Housecleaner is for you. The show host, Angela Brown, interviewed me a while back, and I was honored to be a guest on her informative and engaging podcast.
Other Podcasts to Explore
Here are a few other popular decluttering shows I’m not as familiar with:
- The Maximized Minimalist: While minimalism is not for everyone, the Maximized Minimalist urges women to ditch the clutter and live a simpler, more intentional life.
- The Minimalists Podcast: If you’re looking to simplify your life and get rid of clutter, this podcast may also be of interest. The hosts are New York Times best-selling authors Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus.
Whether you’re looking for cleaning tips, inspiration to declutter, or something that tells you what to clean, there’s a podcast out there that’s perfect for you.
So, next time you’re dreading a cleaning session, give one of the abovementioned podcasts a try. You’ll make the task of cleaning more enjoyable, and you might learn something new that revolutionizes your housekeeping.
Find Clean With Me Wherever You Listen to Podcasts
If you really want to make the most of your cleaning time, don’t forget to subscribe to the best podcast to listen to while cleaning: Clean With Me!
We may be biased, but we do have an extensive library of episodes that will motivate and inspire you to keep your home clean and organized.
Visit our home page or find us on your favorite podcast app!